Substation Electrician / Senior Field Technician / Senior Field Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Here’s what you’ll do as a Substation Electrician / Sr. Field Technician
- Troubleshooting circuitry and replacing damaged components on industrial equipment and systems
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Demonstrating your commitment to safety in the workplace
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect, test, construct and maintain substation electrical equipment, such as MV & HV circuit breakers, pad mount switches, capacitors, reactors, ground grids and transformers
- Electrical testing on power transforming including turns ratio (TTR), cap bridge (DF), winding resistance and insulation resistance, doble etc.
- Obtain fluid analysis from oil filled transformers for standard chemical and electrical property analysis in accordance with ASTM guidelines
- Construction/installation of cable tray, high voltage cable terminations, ground grids, underground duct banks and control wiring for various electrical equipment.
- Leadership skills enabling you to successfully run small jobs in a timely manner with little to no supervision
- Installing conduit and wire and terminating conductors
- Installing fixtures and devices for industrial applications and systems
- Ordering required parts and controlling all job materials using our computer system
- Completing work orders as per client specifications and input; reviewing the completed job with the customer, to ensure complete satisfaction
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma/Electrical Engineering Degree and/or Electrical State License
Minimum 5 years’ experience with the following:
- Substations (gas circuit breakers, air switches)
- Power transformers
- Protective relays
- Current and potential transformers, metering equipment
- Switchgear, vacuum and air magnetic circuit breakers, air switches
- Backup generators
- Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Substation and UPS battery systems
- Induction and synchronous motors (2300V and Above)
- Motor Starters (2300V and Above)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of how each business unit adds value to the organization.
- Explores and addresses underlying, and long-term client needs while scanning the environment to identify new contacts
- Ability to travel within Texas and potentially other States for projects
- NETA III or IV or NICET III or IV preferred
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional projects and customer base
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities (such as licensed Journeyman, Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan (profit sharing on top of hourly rate and overtime pay)
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Disability)
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Paid uniforms
- Paid tooling
….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.