Health and Safety Specialist
Location: Oakville, ON
We’re seeking an experienced Health and Safety Specialist to join our Health and Safety team. This role will be based in Oakville, ON and support our renewable energy line of business in Eastern Canada. This position reports into the Regional Health and Safety Manager, Eastern Canada.
You will have the opportunity to join an amazing, robust, and agile team responsible for influencing change and being part of not only doing what is right, but achieving our goal of Only Zero is Acceptable.
Here's what you will do as a Health and Safety Specialist:
- Engage with the functional business partners within the organization as their health and safety resource for the renewables energy line of business for Eastern Canada.
- Responsible for occupational health and safety, injury prevention, investigations, and wellness programs, to ensure compliance with relevant legislation to reduce related risks and achieve zero accidents/injuries.
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety Policies, Safe Work Procedures, Job Hazard Analysis, Safe Operating Procedures, and Training Programs.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary education preferably majoring in Occupational Health and Safety with a minimum of 5-7 years related renewables energy electrical work or construction experience
- Knowledge of all applicable Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations and the demonstrated ability to interpret and apply the legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present information to a diverse employee group
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with site personnel
- Ability to mentor and motivate team in a fast-moving environment
- Valid driver’s license with proof a clean driving record (MVR) required
- Ability to travel to a specific construction sites regularly
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with health and safety specific software and online portals is required.
- NCSO or CRSP Designation an asset, or willing to work towards certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment while maintaining a positive and professional stance
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to adhere to Spark Power’s Covid-19 vaccination policy
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees in 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
Here are some of the perks Spark employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial project and customer base
- Continuous training and skills improvement including Spark U
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary plus incentive plan
- Excellent benefit package and employee discount program
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Company vehicle, laptop and phone provided
- PPE and uniforms provided
- Fun and forward-thinking company culture
….and much more