About Spark Power Group Inc.
Spark Power Group Inc., (“Spark Power”) is committed to becoming the Trusted Partner in Power and the leading independent and integrated power solutions provider to the industrial, commercial, institutional, and utility markets across North America. Spark delivers cost-effective, customer-centric solutions that address cost, quality, reliability, and power sustainability to integrate new technologies and help transition our customers to the grid of the future. Learn more at www.sparkpowercorp.com and Like us on social @SparkPowerCorp.
Develop new solutions that firmly establish Spark Power as the Trusted Partner in Power® for commercial, industrial and institutional clients across North America, with an initial focus on Spark’s Sustainability Solutions business under the Bullfrog Power brand.
This position will own the entire new product development process, from research, to ideation and strategy development, to product launches and ongoing tracking. It will be critical to work cross-functionally to deliver successful products that meet customer needs and drive revenue.
- Works throughout the product roadmap and lifecycle, from ideation to end of life (leads the conceptualization, evaluation, development and execution of new product launches)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of competitive landscapes, customer insights, regulatory environment and trends
- Conducts market research (sizing a market, understanding potential product opportunities, and developing a pricing strategy)
- Translates learnings into innovative product offerings and improvements, communicated through a thorough business case
- Gains buy-in of Strategy management team and executive team
- Identifies initial clients
- Partners with cross-functional teams, especially marketing and sales, across the Spark organization to bring new products to market
- Tracks product sales, customer insights and feedback to ensure the team is meeting success benchmarks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Communications or Marketing
- Business/product intuition – clear sense of how to collect client insights, identify the right business opportunities, and execute with ruthless prioritization
- Highly organized
- Willing to take risks and excited to leave their mark on the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to travel
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant new product development, business development, product management and/or strategy experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high impact environment
- Analytical, resourceful, diligent, efficient and detail oriented
- Sound judgment and shrewd decision maker
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to gain senior leadership team’s buy-in
Spark Power Corp. is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.