The Accountant is responsible for maintaining all accounting books and records for financial reporting purposes for their respective companies. Responsibilities also include the preparation of daily reports and quarterly financial information packages as required for financial statement preparation and tax planning.
What will you do as an Accountant at Spark Power?
• Prepare financial statements and analysis.
• Analyze financial reports.
• Supervise accounting department junior employees.
• Maintain company accounting procedures and processes.
• Record financial information for analysis.
• Assist Accounting Manager and Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for senior management.
• Advise on procedure and financial management.
• Develop procedures to improve efficiency.
• Forecast and plan for future needs.
• Assist with audits and taxes.
• Prepare financial reports for taxes regulatory agencies, and stockholders.
• Maintain account balances and bank statements.
• Manage general ledger and assist month-end/year-end close processes including lease accounting.
• Manage group intercompany elimination.
• Ensure compliance with all internal processes.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 3-5 years of general accounting experience.
• Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• License – Working towards CPA designation.
• Reliability, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with accounting software, including Oracle NetSuite & Sage.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles.
• Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards (IFRS), and regulations.
• Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments.
• Typical office environment, sitting, performing repetitive motions, use of office equipment.
• Workspace is in open area and may be faced with frequent interruptions.
Spark Power Employee Benefits and Perks:
• Diverse and exciting industrial customer base
• Continuous training and skills improvement including SparkU!
• Career advancement and professional development opportunities
• Competitive base salary plus lucrative bonus plan
• Fun and inclusive company culture including contests, events, Social and Wellness Committees
• Excellent benefit package including wellness spending account options and corporate discounts
….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.