The Branch Manager will be responsible for all aspects of branch development, customer relationship management, building and managing a strong electrical contracting team. The Branch Manager will have significant contact with customers and will need to interpret their requests and then assign appropriate resources to meet their needs.
The Branch Manager will display and promote the very best of Spark Power at all times, with the goal of informing customers and the public of who we are and the value we bring. The Branch Manager should promote a positive company image through quality service to ensure employee, customer and supplier satisfaction.
What you will do as a Branch Manager:
• Manage team within a fast paced, customer-focused environment including training, scheduling, hiring, ensuring compliance with company standards
• Responsible for achieving targets linked to the P&L of the Branch
• Ensure that branches are operating at peak performance at all times.
• Prioritize and expedite all service calls with a strong sense of urgency.
• Develop new customer relationships
• Monitor work orders for accuracy to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Measure workforce effectiveness, create objectives, deliver performance reviews, and address performance gaps.
• Manage or provide oversight on multiple and/or large projects while maintaining correct controls.
• Provide professional development for employees through, coaching, mentoring and training.
• Use budgets to monitor and evaluate performance, ensuring compliance with corporate needs and objectives.
• Inspecting completed work and as-built drawings to verify compliance with job requirements and any related codes/regulations and ensuring quality workmanship.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 5 or more years of relevant experience, which includes electrical construction, construction project management, P&L management
• Journeyman Electrician license is preferred / an asset
• University Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or similar is an asset
• A valid driver's license with an acceptable State Issues Motor Vehicle Record is required
• Demonstrated experience in performing financial analysis, tracking, budgeting, and resource planning. Project Management certification and experience is strongly preferred.
• Proven experience championing a positive health and safety culture with an ability to follow defined processes. Strong understanding of Provincial and National health and safety legislation and best practices is essential.
• Previous experience leading a highly effective technical team that includes field service staff
• Must be self-driven, highly motivated and able to work without supervision in a fast-paced and changing environment. Change Management training or experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously while meeting customer expectations
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, including complete mastery of English language
• Strong demonstrated stakeholder management and negotiation skills. Experience with tendering, RFP/RFQ is required
• Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills with methodical decision making
• Experience championing continuous improvement initiatives and a desire for continued personal and organizational growth
• Ability to travel as necessary throughout the State and at times out of State is required
Spark Power Employee Perks:
• Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial project and customer base
• Continuous training and professional development, including fully paid training at SparkU!
• Career advancement opportunities
• Competitive wages plus incentive plans
• Company vehicle or vehicle allowance, cell phone, laptop
• Excellent benefit package (medical, dental, vision, wellness spending account)
• Corporate discount programs
• Employee Share Ownership Program
• Fun, inclusive and diverse company culture
• Employee contests, events, parties and community activities
….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
• We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
• We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.