High Voltage Project Manager
We are currently hiring in:
The Project Manager will manage construction and maintenance projects for Spark Power and will play an integral role in the efficient execution of work. The candidate should have prior experience and expertise in, project management of high voltage, medium voltage and low voltage power distribution equipment including switchgear, circuit breakers, relays, transformers high voltage and low voltage cables and control systems. The candidate will have significant contact with customers and will need to interpret their requests and then discuss a plan with management to meet their needs.
What will you do as a High Voltage Project Manager?
• Manage working relationship with clients, internal resources, and third parties such as vendors, subcontractors, ESA, and utilities.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties such as vendors, subcontractors, ESA, and utilities for the efficient execution of projects
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Assist with development of project scopes and objectives taking into consideration risk mitigation strategies.
• Develop detailed project plans to track progress.
• Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in scope, schedule, and costs.
• Measure project performance using appropriate metrics such as timelines, cost, and scope.
• Report and escalate issues to management as required.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Negotiate additional work items with customers as approved by management.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses, recommend training requirements, and evaluate performance of technical staff as it relates to the projects they are working on.
• Ensure employees understand and follow company and regulatory safety policies and practices.
• Participate in branch budget and business plan development, and financial review meetings as required.
• Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 5 or more years of proven project management experience in a high voltage electrical role.
• 434A Powerline Technician License or 309A Electrician license preferred
• Ability to read specification, drawings, and manuals.
• Familiar and experienced with substation installations and repairs
• Familiar with Pole Line construction
• Familiar with test equipment including: Turns Ratio, HV Power Factor (Doble), VLF, Hipot, Winding resistance, Sweep Frequency, Relay test set, CT and PT test equipment, Infra Red cameras and power quality monitors.
• Familiar with current construction means and methodology as it relates to high voltage electrical services.
• Effective communication and negotiating skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Must be detail orientated with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
• Computer literate.
• Understanding of financial terminology and statements is an asset
Who is Spark Power?
• We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
• We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
• We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
• Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial, institutional and renewable energy customer base
• Continuous training and skills improvement
• Career advancement opportunities
• Competitive wages plus incentive plan
• Uniforms and PPE provided
• Cell phone and laptop
• Paid tooling and up to $200 annual tool allowance
• Excellent benefit package including Wellness Spending Account
• Employee Share Ownership Program
• Company vehicle
….and much more