Experienced Electrical Apprentice or Journeyman Electrician
Full Time Permanent Position
Current Project Site:
Our Electricians and Apprentices are responsible for installing electrical systems in accordance with current electrical codes and customer specifications, for performing jobs safely plus efficiently, and for keeping customers and equipment running. Our Electricians promote a positive company image through service quality, professionalism, and a strong sense of urgency.
What will you do in this position?
- Demonstrating your commitment to safety in the workplace
- Installing conduit and wire, terminating conductors
- Troubleshooting circuitry and replacing damaged components on industrial equipment and systems
- Installing fixtures and devices for industrial applications and systems
- Ordering required parts and controlling all job materials using our computer system
- Completing work orders as per client specifications and input; reviewing the completed job with the customer, to ensure complete satisfaction
- Maintaining a clean work area at all times
- Proactively preparing for upcoming work
- Interacting with various individuals at different levels within the company
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A valid state Journeyman Electrician license is preferred
- 5 years of relevant electrical experience, preferably in industrial, commercial and/or institutional sectors
- Experience with conduit runs 1/2" - 2" (EMT,GRC,PVC Coated (Ocal) and S/S)
- Man Lift Experience is preferred
- Solid knowledge of the California Electrical Code
- A valid state driver’s license with a good driving record
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with co-workers and other contractors on site
- Superior problem-solving skill
- Attitude of completing quality work in a safe manner
- Experience liaising with customers in a professional and effective manger
- Computer proficiency, including MS Outlook and Excel
- Able to work 12 hour shifts when needed and able to travel extensively throughout the country
Here are some of the perks Spark employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional projects and customer base
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities (such as licensed Journeyman, Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan (profit sharing on top of hourly rate and overtime pay)
- Travel opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Disability)
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Paid uniforms
- Paid tooling
- Great company culture!
- ….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1400 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.