Electrical Assistant or Apprentice
Location: Dallas, TX
Spark Power Electrical Apprentices and Assistants are responsible for helping Journeymen and other employees with their tasks and contributing to operations. Over the course of time, the Apprentice’s skills will increase, and they will take more ownership of jobs and how they are run, dependent on their abilities.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as an Electrical Apprentice at Spark Power:
- Deciding on the best methods for visualizing, measuring, and estimating work as appropriate for the job situation
- Deciding when additional materials are needed in order to complete required work
- Defining and labeling wires, conduits, and apparatus in order to avoid shock/electrocution
- Deciding on best routing options for conduit, wires, and other systems
- Assisting newer/fellow Apprentices with orientation and learning
- Attending required meetings, safety meetings and professional development sessions
- Keeping phone and barcode scanner charged and ready and truck stocked with proper tools and materials
- Loading materials, lifts, trailers, and other equipment
- Performing field work/installations
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma
- 2 year’s experience as an Electrical Apprentice is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience with industrial and commercial electrical service work
- Experience with conveyor installation or maintenance is an asset
- Reliable with a positive attitude and ability to work as a contributing member of a team
- Customer service skills
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Career-oriented with a desire to grow in your Electrical career
- Ability to work overtime and on-call as required
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards and practices
- Valid Drivers License and copy of State issued MVR
- A criminal background check and drug testing may be required
- Candidates must be willing to travel to various job sites which includes out of State. Travel may be overnight and for longer periods of time. Per diem and travel expenses are paid.
Spark Power Employee Perks:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional projects and customer base
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities (such as licensed Journeyman, Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan (profit sharing on top of hourly rate and overtime pay)
- Travel opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Disability)
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Paid uniforms
- Paid tooling
- Great company culture!
- ….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.