Electrical Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for managing electrical projects, scheduling resources, ensuring that budgets and timelines are met, and managing assigned Field Electricians. The Project Manager acts as the primary point of contact for customer inquiries while maintaining a high level of customer service.
The Project Manager will display and promote the very best of Spark Power at all times, with the goal of informing customers and the public of who we are and the value we bring. The Project Manager should promote a positive company image through quality service that exceeds employee and customer expectations.
What you will do as a Project Manager:
- Managing electrical projects and ensure projects fall within budget, timeline, and quality requirements.
- Continuously seek opportunities to present Spark Power as that customer’s solution provider.
- Must be meticulous about the safety, environmental and quality requirements of each project.
- Use budgets to monitor and evaluate performance and to ensure compliance with company objectives.
- Manage project schedules to meet client commitments. Manage work orders and approve invoices.
- Manage project deliverables from estimating through closeout stages.
- Ability to read and comprehend control circuits, control panels and drawings.
- Chair project meetings including kick-offs, planning, progress updates, change management, reviews with clients, and lessons learned.
- Work with the engineering and procurement organizations to make sure project materials are available and in place before required by the construction group.
- Provide weekly, biweekly or monthly project status report to clients and executive management team.
- Accurately estimating time and materials required for jobs and providing timely quotes to customers.
- Manage customer expectations while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Oversee and/or perform various electrical field work, installations, and troubleshooting.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid knowledge of State Electric Code
- Minimum 5 years relevant electrical experience (industrial, commercial and/or institutional setting).
- Journeyman Electrician license
- Minimum 2 years of experience with job quotes and electrical project management.
- Great attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Must have a strong background in customer engagement and sales.
- Must be highly motivated with strong work ethic and excellent written/verbal communication.
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional customer base
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities (ex – Branch Manager or Regional Manager)
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan
- Laptop and phone provided
- Travel opportunities
- Excellent benefit package
- Company vehicle provided / travel provided
- Employee referral program
- Corporate discounts, Spark Store
- Supportive and fun company culture with contests, employee recognition programs, training and development programs - SparkU
- ….and much more