High Voltage Electrical Technician
What will you do as a High Voltage Technician?
- Maintain and Commission Power distribution equipment including: Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, HV Switches, HV/MV/LV Cables and Instrument Transformers
- Perform field testing, verification and programming of various Low Voltage Trip Units from manufacturer such as GE, Eaton, Schneider, Siemens, and ABB
- Familiar with Electrical lockout/Tag out procedure and have Electrical Safety Awareness
- Read and interpret electrical AC & DC schematics, AC three-line, logic diagrams and SLDs
- Inspect, test, operate and troubleshoot AC & DC control
- Be familiar with industry Codes and Standards (OESC, IEEE, NETA)
- Ability and willingness to travel for out of town commissioning or maintenance projects
- Familiar with testing different types of high voltage and low voltage equipment.
- Report, record, compute and process electrical test information in accordance with accepted standard practices
- Co-ordinate the day to day functions on a job by job basis, such as but not limited to, compliance with all Health and Safety standards and regulations, availability of necessary resources such as manpower, equipment and materials, resolving conflicts, timely and accurate submission of paperwork
- Co-ordinate sales efforts with Branch Manager, such as but not limited to, repeat business, quotations and customer contact.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3 years experience with high voltage testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and commissioning
- Required to provide emergency services to the company's customers on a short notice
- Required to provide scheduled "On Call" services on a rotation basis
- Required to work in industrial and outdoor substation environment. Services will be performed within Health and Safety standards and regulationsKnowledge/Experience using Doble M4100 to perform transformer diagnostic tests
- Knowledge/Experience Testing Low Voltage Trip Unit
- Knowledge/Experience of Testing Current and Potential Transformers
- Knowledge/Experience of performing HV/MV Circuit Breaker Timing Tests
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional projects and customer base
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement and mentorship opportunities
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan (profit sharing on top of hourly rate and overtime pay)
- Travel opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Disability) and wellness spending account option
- Corporate discount program
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Paid uniforms
- Paid tooling plus up to $200 annual tool allowance
….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.