Wind Technician – Travelling Canada
Spark Power is a leading independent power solutions provider to the electrical service industry across North America. We deliver technical solutions that help our customers transition to the grid of the future – Renewable Energy.
The Wind Turbine Technician will travel to support various scopes of work across Canada. The technician must be competent and qualified to work on wind turbines. Specific trainings and electrical / mechanical competencies are an asset.
We are excited to provide careers in Renewables and are committed to being the best employer possible. Our product is our people!
Here’s what you will do as a Wind Technician:
- Follow all Health and Safety policies to maintain a zero-incident workplace
- Scheduled maintenance of Wind Turbine Generators including: inspection, greasing, cleaning, torquing and tensioning of bolted connections
- Apply LOTO
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Hydraulic Troubleshooting
- Follow and implement work procedures to for specific scopes of work to inspect, repair and maintain Wind Turbine components
- Populate, track and communicate client and company documentation on a daily basis
- Maintain a clean work area, equipment and tooling
- Perform other daily work requirements as directed by Site Management
- Maintain required training certifications for position (Fall Protection/Rescue Training, NFPA 70E, OSHA 10, LOTO, First Aid/CPR/AED)
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Firm commitment to safety
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Believer in Renewable Energy
- 2-years experience working as a Wind Turbine Technician is preferred
- Technicians with valid GE training certificates for LOTO/maintenance + any additional higher level GE certificates (platform specific fundamentals, or converter) are preferred and will be strongly considered.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance or repair experience
- Experience with motors, rotors, drives, gears, or similar is required
- Experience using hand and power tools including torque tooling
- Valid Driver's License
- Digital literacy (proficiency with mobile apps, all our reporting is digital)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team mentality and liaise with customers to ensure quality of service
- Able to travel 80-100% of the time across Canada
- Must be able to lift 23kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work at heights (up to 400 ft) with good ergonomics, work may take place on ladders, platforms, and cramped spaces with constant standing and kneeling.
- Able to determine color codes
- Work in adverse weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Post secondary education with an electrical or mechanical base is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
Here are some of the perks Spark employees enjoy:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Per Diem
- Paid travel days
- 1.5X overtime offered after 8 hours and on weekends
- Fast-track growth opportunities
- Opportunities to train and work in other sectors (Solar, Electric Car Charging, Battery Storage)
- Hands-on, positive Management Team that began as Technicians and have been promoted from within
- $200/year tool allowance
- Positive and fun company culture. No one is 'just a number' at Spark.
- Benefits (health, vision, dental)
- RRSP Matching and Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company vehicles
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- All travel, training, workwear & PPE paid for
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.